Premier Security & Fire Consultants has joined forces with leading forensic security company DNA-Detect to create a market-first, integrated high-security door system armed with a Forensic DNA traceable, marking fluid.
Our design team has worked with DNA-Detect to incorporate an automatic spraying system into our LPS1175 SR2 (B3), SR3 (C5) and SR4 (D10) and our upcoming SR5 (E10) security door designs tested and passed by the BRE (Building Research Establishment), the UK’s No.1 testing house.
If attacked, the DNA based security system will automatically dispense a covert spray concealed within the door frame. The perpetrator will be forensically marked linking them to a crime scene providing irrefutable evidence to prosecuting authorities.
Each DNA-Detect Forensic Perpetrator Marking system contains a unique, registered Bio-synthetic DNA Code. The UV Marker in DNA-Detect’s products is Orange, to avoid any confusion with other products which may offer different colour UV Markers
Once in the police custody suite, the police will check a suspect for the UV marker and will then proceed through the police process to take swabs from the marked area for submission to DNA-Detect’s forensic Labs for DNA extraction using a process known as Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
If the sequenced code recovered from the perpetrator’s skin and clothing matches the code from the registered door device, which can be securely verified at the ISR (International Security Register) then this will provide prosecutors with irrefutable evidence pinpointing the perpetrator to the crime scene.
Premier Security & Fire Managing Director Neil Johns welcomed the collaboration with DNA-Detect. “Breaking new ground with unique designs and ideas is very much in Premier’s own DNA. The combination of Premier’s certificated door systems and the DNA-Detect trace system certainly brings an exciting, new element to the security market.”
Those words were echoed by Chris Taylor – Chief Technical Officer at DNADetect. He said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Premier in this important industry-first initiative. Integrating Forensic DNA Spray Technology within Premier high-grade security doors will provide the ultimate deterrent to violent attacks within both private and business premises. This will ensure our client’s safety, protection and business continuity.”
Premier Security & Fire Consultants is the UK’s leading supplier of Secured by Design LPS1175 door systems with more than 2000 designs and options including SR2; SR3; SR4, fire-resistant and thermally broken
- An integrated compact modular DNA based Forensic Security System can be completely concealed within, for example, a door frame or above any entry point.
- The unique DNA and UV mark will forensically link an offender to a crime scene providing irrefutable evidence to prosecuting authorities
- When installed above or within an entry point or a door, the system will activate when the door is attacked. The perpetrator will be Forensically marked with a DNA based Forensic Marker and Orange UV fluorophore, dispensed as a covert spray from within the door frame or over the entry point.
- The unique DNA code within each door frame installation is backed up and registered on an LPS1224a secure database managed by the International Security Register (ISR)
- The Forensic DNA component within DNADetect’s system is widely tested and proven in court as a highly effective deterrent to criminal activity.
Unique DNA markers provide irrefutable evidence linking an offender to a crime scene
Each DNADetect Forensic Perpetrator Marking system contains a unique Bio-synthetic DNA Code which is registered to the trained security professional.
When called to the scene of an incident where a DNADetect product or system has been activated, the police may use their standard-issue 365nM UV torch to look for a UV Marker on the perpetrator.
The UV Marker in DNADetect’s products is Orange, to avoid any confusion with other products which may offer different colour UV Markers
Once in the police custody suite, the police will then check the perpetrator again for the UV marker and will then proceed through the police process to take swabs from the marked area for submission to DNADetect’s forensic Labs for DNA extraction using a process known as Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
If the sequenced code recovered from the perpetrator’s skin and clothing matches the code from the registered canister (which can be securely verified at the ISR (International Security Register) then this will provide the Police and Prosecuting Authorities (CPS) with irrefutable proof that the perpetrator was at the crime scene
Key Features of DNA Detect’s DNA Forensic Marking Systems:
- Forensically Robust – DNA Markers have been proven in court to irrefutably link the suspect offender to the offence
- Intrinsically Safe – All materials used within DNADetect Jet are safe having undergone extensive Toxicology testing
- End to End Secure – Every DNADetect Jet Device is registered to a trained security professional on an LPS 1224 Secure Database.
- Accredited Training Programme – DNADetect can only be used by Security Personnel that have undergone an accredited training programme delivered through DNADetect’s ‘Trusted Trainer’ network. This negates misuse ensuring that if and when deployed, the authorities can have confidence that the DNADetect was deployed as a last resort and inline with legal guidelines (within Common Law and Criminal Law – both of which are covered in the training programme)
For further information about DNADetect, please contact:
Chris Taylor – 07824099907
Clive Lloyd – 07730370381